Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Closure

Unfortunately I did not update this blog throughout the whole project however I thought I would post shots of  it finished; the last two are for the degree show
Next project already sorted :) I need to make more as my portfolio is rather scarce of work I actually like.










Saturday, 5 February 2011


This is the bridge sculpt above; a simple pattern with a bit of texture; many thanks to the noise brush :)
 because really, who has time to sculpt deteriorated stone?
I also used masking combined with the layer brush to create the pattern; it was long-winded and there may have been an easier way that I don't know about
 but at least I could symmetry it and the normal bake turned out quite well.

The image below is the bridge in udk; the texture is unfinished, just the general colour as I'm sure there will be tweaking to make everything work together nearer the end of the project.

(the grass is a temporary texture)

Sunday, 30 January 2011

Progress


These are the assets so far in Udk; still need to tweak the models, add more detail etc. but it's generally all there. I think I'm going to have to work hard on the textures for this level as I don't want it to appear too cartoon-y; too much simplicity will not give my work any justice. I will be using zbrush a lot for that extra help with detail such as carvings in the wooden beams, rocky surfaces, bark etc.
I've also been researching the effects I could use in Unreal so I'm looking forward to integrating all these elements.

Sunday, 16 January 2011


Just thought I'd show the 3d base I worked over and the hopefully improved version after crit


Wednesday, 12 January 2011

General concept

This is a concept for the area. I painted over a render of basic models that were made in 3dsmax. The placement of assets is not set in stone however. So my next steps are to decide on the final placement and compile an asset list. I shall also need to draw up detailed orthographics of the house.